Puerto Rico National Team Visits Battle of Detroit
The Puerto Rico National Team of the World Martial Arts College and the United States Taekwondo Han Moo Kwan Association raise with a victory in every category in wich they participate in the 37th Annual Battle of Detroit World Martial Arts Open Championship and Star for Charity Expo celebreted on March 17, 2007 in Dearborn, Michigan.
- Grand Master Jose R Trinidad “Joe Karate” (8th Dan) – Receive also two plaques from the G.M. Ibraham Ahmed N.D., R.N. P.Ac.,A.D.S. and a special medal for his support of the World Tournament.
- Mr. Agustin Soto (1st Dan) and a USÂ Army Reserve Military Man and Contractor – Came with a 1st Place in Black Belt Middle Weight Male Division becoming the 2007 World Champion in Taekwondo Fight in the Division, but also won the 2007 GrandÂ World Championship in the all Male Black Belt Divisions.Â Additional came with the 2nd Place in the forms in the Black Belt Male Division World Championship.Â Receive also Â two plaques from the G.M. Ibraham Ahmed N.D., R.N. P.Ac.,A.D.S. and a special medal for his support of the World Tournament.
- Mrs. Aneska Rosario (2nd Dan) a PhD Psychologist Candidate – Came with the 2007 Grand World Championship and 1st Place in the Black Belt Fight Light Female Division becoming the 2007 World Female Fight Champion; and a 1st Place in the Black Belt Female Form Division World Champion.Â Receive also two plaques fromÂ the G.M. Ibraham Ahmed N.D., R.N. P.Ac.,A.D.S. and a special medal for his support of the World Tournament.
- Mr. Victor H. Ortiz (2nd Dan) a Control System Engineer – Came with the 2nd Place in the Black Belt Middle Fight Male Division World Championship.Â Receve also two plaques from the G.M. Ibraham Ahmed N.D., R.N. P.Ac.,A.D.S. and a special medal for his support of the World Tournament.
- Master Victor M Fontanez (5th Dan) MBA Human Resources and BBA Accounting – Came with the 1st Place in the Black Belt Male Forms Division, becoming the World Black Belt Form Champion.Â Receive also two plaques from G.M. Ibraham Ahmed N.D., R.N. P.Ac.,A.D.S. and a special medal for his support to the World Tournament.
This event were transmited to 105 countries thru the Martial Arts Channel and also the Team Members were congratulated by the City Hall Mayor of Dearborn Mr. John B. O’Reilly, Jr.
All Team Members were congratulated in person by Grand Master Dr. Ibraham Ahmed (8th Dan)Â and by Mrs. Julie Jernigan.Â I personally congratulate them and exhort them to continue with their quality and admirable performance.Â We alsoÂ want to thanks to Grand Master Dr. Ibraham Ahmed, Mrs. Julie Jernigan, Mr. Jeff Muddiman and Master Earl Ebert for their hospitality, friendship and help during our trip to Michigan, “We couldn’t did it without you all guys”.
We also meet Master Phillip Duczyminski and his wife with their beautiful children, we bless them all and our best wishes to their school ( Dojang) in the years to come.Â Jeff this is also for you, ours blessing and best wishes to you and your future school ( Dojang).
Also the Team receives a special congratulation during the tournament of Grand Master Sang Sup Kil (9th Dan) a World Renowned Taekwondo Sport Leader and have the opportunity to meet Master Yong Sup Kil (7th Dan) who is the Head Coach of the United States WTF Collegiate Olympic Team.
We also meet Grand Master Davis Zacker, Mr. Kevin Taylor a World Speed Brick Breaking Champion and President of the World Speed Brick Breaking Association and Mr. David ( Puerto Rico) from the World Speed Brick Breaking Association. God bless you all.
We extent a special congratulation to Grand Master Jose R Trinidad “Joe Karate”, who help us with his knowledge and counseling during the tournament.Â The schools that form the Team were:
- The Joe’s Taekwondo/ Karate/ Hapkido Institute of Grand Master Jose R Trinidad.
- The World Martial Arts College-Puerto Rico of Master Victor M Fontanez.
Both school are active members of the World Martial Arts College under the supervision of G.M. Ibraham Ahmed N.D., R.N. P.Ac.,A.D.S..
The Team also receives the sponsors of the following companies the help us make this trip possible:
- The Christian Academy of Manati and their Administration Mr. Gomez and Mrs. Gonzalez.
- The Lift Master of Puerto Rico and their President Jerry Diaz.Â http://www.liftmasterpr.com/